Friends of the Hawthorne and Wiseburn Libraries is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to build and strengthen community support for the Hawthorne and Wiseburn public libraries.
Our primary objectives are to:
- Promote community awareness of and interest in library services and programs
- Support new services and programs that are of interest to the community
- Raise money and solicit donations to support the libraries
Money raised by the Friends through memberships, donations, used book sales, and other fundraising events helps sponsor a variety of library services and programs, including:
- Children’s story and craft time
- Teen programs
- Adult programs
- Special events (e.g., guest speakers, holiday parties)
- New and replacement purchases of items for the libraries’ collections
- Furnishings and equipment
If you’re interested in participating in a library program, be sure to view the calendar of upcoming events.
Friends of the Hawthorne and Wiseburn Libraries is a volunteer-led organization, and we provide ongoing and special event volunteer opportunities for interested high school students and adults.
Become a member today and join the generous Friends and volunteers who make a big difference at our community libraries!